COVID-19 Update: July 2020
- YOUR SIDE SERVICE CHANGES
- YOU NEED TO TELL US IF….
- WE ARE STILL OPEN
- WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SLOW THE SPREAD OF INFECTION
YOUR SIDE SERVICE CHANGES
We know that the last 4 months of pandemic life has been challenging. We also want you to know that we are committed to staying open and will continue to deliver essential home based supports like cleaning and personal care. Our staff has training and the right PPE to operate safely.
We have moved some services online or to the phone, like counselling and our social support groups.
You can read a full list of any changes below.
Outbreaks can happen very quickly and we are monitoring the current situation in Western Sydney. For this reason, we are not planning to start our group social outings again until September at the earliest. It’s not worth the risk to some of our more vulnerable clients – and your safety is our number one priority.
The team have developed an excellent selection of social activities that take place online – have a look at the calendars for July and August below. You can come along to any or all of these, and we can help guide you around how to use Zoom if need be.
To access information and resources about COVID-19 in other languages including fact sheets, guidelines and other publications please CLICK HERE.
Maybe you could access:
- Postcard Pen Pals
- Phone calls for social support
- Online group chats or activities
- One to one activities at home
- Essential grocery and medication deliveries
Please call the Your Side team on 1300 134 332 to discuss options for you, or have a look at our UPCOMING ONLINE EVENTS here:
Our team are always at the end of the phone on 1300 134 332. Please do ring us to talk through options for your support – it is completely normal to feel anxious or lonely, and we can be flexible and help you tailor your services to respond to the changing world we are living in.
YOU NEED TO TELL US IF:
- You have travelled overseas in the past 14 days;
- You have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus;
- You have been to Melbourne in the last two weeks;
- You have been near any identified infection sources; or
- You have symptoms like a dry, scratchy cough, fever, or cold.
We can make sure you get the support you need and get access to testing to keep everyone safe.
WE ARE STILL OPEN
Your Side is continuing to deliver support to all our clients. Some services have moved online or changed to accommodate social distancing. We are happy to talk through any practical changes to keep you safe. All staff have access to infection control training and PPE where appropriate. We want to make sure essential services can be delivered.
Services operating in person or as normal, with precautions.
- Household Tasks, Cleaning & Laundry
- Meal Preparation
- Gardening & Handyman
- Home Maintenance & Repairs
- Pest Control
- Pet Care & Walking
- Pool Maintenance
- Personal Care
- Home Nursing & Continence Products
- Podiatry, Occupational Therapy & Physiotherapy
- Medical & Mobility equipment
- Social Support – one to one only (no groups)
- Personal Carers to enable community participation
- Assistive Technology (safety restraints, personal alarms, seizure monitors, speech devices, wearable tech, sensory equipment)
SERVICES DELIVERED ONLINE
- Counselling & Psychology
- Carer Peer Support
- Social programs & activities
Have a look at our UPCOMING ONLINE EVENTS here:
ON HOLD TILL COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS EASE
- Group Transportation
- Social Support outings
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SLOW THE SPREAD OF INFECTION
- Stay informed by following advice from the Australian Department of Health. Advice may change daily so go straight to the main source, don’t rely on social media.
- Prevent the spread by basic standard hygiene (hand washing with warm water and soap for 20 secs, cough etiquette, social distancing).
- If you suspect you have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, contact the 24 Hour Government Helpline for advice on 1800 020 080, and let Your Side know by calling 1300 134 332.
- If you have symptoms, call your GP before attending, and practice self-isolation. If you are a client of Your Side let us know too.
- The latest advice from the Department of Health can be found HERE, including more on the above and advice in different languages regularly updated.
Ph: 1300 134 332