What is the National Community Connector Program?
National Community Connector Program (NCCP) is part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) that has been created to help Australian people better understand and navigate the NDIS processes and requirements.
Your Community Connectors located throughout Australia will help carers and people with disability connect with the NDIS services available to suit their individual ongoing needs.
Community Connectors support participants, potential participants, carers and families to better understand the NDIS. The main goal of Community Connectors is to ensure that people with disability, and their families and carers, have access to the information and support they require to successfully engage with the NDIS.
The NDIS has identified four communities that might benefit from Community Connectors’ assistance:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Culturally and Linguistically diverse communities
- People experiencing psychosocial disability
- Ageing parents and carers of people with disability
NCCP is FREE for participants.
To access NCCP through the Carer Gateway, you can call our team on:
1800 422 737 Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm.DOWNLOAD BROCHURE HERE
How can NCCP help?
Community Connectors will utilise their existing relationships, language ability, specific networks and knowledge to help:
- Connect carers and people with disability to the services available that will meet their specific needs.
- Assist carers and people with disability to navigate, understand and apply for the NDIS by connecting them to the right people.
- Assist carers and people with disability with matters relevant to the NDIS service provision by acting as an advocate regarding clarification on decisions made, requesting a plan review, providing feedback to the NDIS, and any other relevant issues.
- Assist and monitor carers and people with disability on their journey towards meeting their individual goals.
- Find alternative services for people who are not eligible for the NDIS.
1800 422 737 Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm.