Northside Community Forum Ltd (Northside) is a leading not-for-profit organisation constituted as a public company limited by guarantee.
Due to a recent vacancy, Northside is seeking a Board Director who can contribute to achievement of our strategy and governance outcomes.
Northside has supported 90,000 people with disability, people with mental illness and older people and their carers over 30 years. Our unique service approach means that we assist people to choose their support needs through a range of direct and brokered services that best suit the individual’s goals, budget and lifestyle requirements. Northside coordinates and partners with a range of specialist and high quality services which gives people greater choice and enhances their independence and wellbeing.
Northside is undertaking an exciting transformation which seeks to change the way customers engage with services. We are currently focused on transitioning from traditional government funding towards a customer-centric business model and are seeking a Director who can guide and support Northside on this journey.
Our Vision is that every person can live their best life.
The role of Director is to provide strategic direction, oversight of management and facilitate accountability of the organisation to its stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable skills and qualities in the following:-
- A strong and demonstrated commitment to the Vision and Values of Northside.
- A depth of experience and understanding, preferably at executive or Board level in strategy, policy or research in community care or community engagement.
- An understanding of and experience/training in governance responsibilities, or the willingness to undertake training in governance responsibilities.
- Effective communication skills to fully participate in Board discussion and decision making.
- Connections and relationships that can help build Northside’s influence and sustainability in the community sector and beyond.
- The acumen and capacity to govern in a period of change and ambiguity as government policy reform drives the emergence of open and competitive market practice in the sector.
The Board meets face to face monthly. It is expected that Directors contribute between meetings and participate in at least one committee. Directors are appointed for an initial three year term.
Please refer to the Position Description.
To apply, please submit your expression of interest with an updated resume to MargaretB@yournorthside.org.au.
It is a condition of engagement that all Board members have a current Working With Children Check, a National Criminal History Check and meet fit and proper requirements.