The purpose of this website is to provide you with information about the services offered by Northside Community Forum and information about the industry this relates to from time to time.
2. What personal information we collect.
- With your permission we may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- facsimile number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence,
- through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
2. How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives; or
- when you complete an application or purchase order.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as other government entities .
3. How we use your information.
With your permission your information will be released to:
- The Australian Government – this information will not include your name and address, the name and address of other customers, or any identifying information
- The service agency providing assistance – only information require for relevant service provision
This ensures consistent and meaningful information is collected and reported to the Australian Government, and will be used to improve policy development and direct service programs across Australia.
4. How we deal with complaints and requests.
You may request access to Personal Information about you that we hold and you may ask us to correct your Personal Information if you find that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete. You may also make a complaint about our handling of your Personal Information. These services are free of charge.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
You may contact us by email. We undertake to respond within 2 working days, and to resolve any complaints within 10 working days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.
5. How we protect your personal information.
This online service is hosted in Australia in a data centre located in Australia. Backup data is stored offsite in a secure location and not connected to any system until it is required. To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis.
Northside employees and volunteers all receive regular and updated training about the importance of confidentiality and the systems and strategies in place for maintaining the privacy and security of your information, including Northside Policy and Procedures Manual. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to employees who need this only to provide services to you.
6. Website analytics.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
DoubleClick: We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
7. Our obligations.
This online service is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) – external site, including the Australian Privacy Principles – external site.